When deciding which college to go to for the following four years, it really is so valuable to look at the educational college you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting numerous schools throughout the springtime of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a student on each campus. What would I eat at the dining hallway? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? for me personally, it finally clicked when I found a campus that I could truly see myself doing all of the things and more and nevertheless be myself. We encourage all of our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this next thirty days to try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we have students asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you determine to come to USC, listed here is an outline of the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you haven’t already. Look at the Financial Aid section of our site for more information about how exactly to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you do have a better chance of getting the type of housing you want the sooner you apply. Also if you are perhaps not 100% sure you are coming to USC year that is next you are able to submit the housing application and $45 fee to hold your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over summer time. Orientation is a chance that is great spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you certainly will additionally register for courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be able to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company days when you submit your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB advanced level exams. See our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
When you have concerns which are not covered in your admission packet or on our website or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are thrilled to help answr fully your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what precisely does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any private institution in the country (15% in last year’s freshman course!). We think that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by enabling for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted within the class room.
Certain courses by themselves are even created around providing pupils with the opportunity to interact with pupils from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife university teaches a class called Overseas Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM, a top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software.
USC also ranks sixth into the nation for sending pupils abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. For instance, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a 10-day program (past locations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language skills by spending a summer coping with a bunch family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students also can do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students aided by the opportunity to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For the weeks that are few students will remain on-campus and investigate a problem that is global in scope. https://shmoop.pro/1984-by-george-orwell-plot-summary/ They then travel to the certain area they are researching, allowing them to round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, simply to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Most recently, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we now have already begun to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we’re certainly a global place!